Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thank you!

Katy Belle learned to walk when she was only 8 months old. She has picked up on so much so fast and has amazed me at how fast she is growing up. So far though, she hasn't seemed very interested in talking. I thought she was just too busy being active to worry about talking but now I think she knows more than she is admitting to. Last week we went out to North Carolina for Angie and John's wedding. While we were there, Katy's Aunt Aday gave us some new clothes for Katelyn for her first birthday. In all the wedding commotion we didn't really have time to look at the clothes. After we got home and I was unpacking I realized we had never thanked Aday so I gave her a call. I held the phone up to Katy and told her to say thank you to her aunt and to both of our astonishment we heard a tiny "thank you." At first I thought I imagined it so I said it again and she repeated it and smiled feeling very proud of herself. Now she says it all the time. I really think she knows how to say quite a few words but is reserving them for special times to surprise us. I love my sweet little cuddle bug Katy Belle. She is so precious and I am enjoying every second with her.

1 comment: