Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do you turn this thing off...

One thing you have to know about Amber is that she likes to twirl her hair to fall asleep which leads to some big knots that I'm left to untangle the next day. It's gotten so bad that the right side of her hair is significantly shorter than the left side so I try to keep it trimmed. Most of the time this is why her hair is in a pony tail because it is much more noticeable when it's down. I am hoping she grows out of this habbit soon so her hair can grow, but in the meantime we are working with it. The other day we were in the middle of our morning hair battle and Amber was getting really frustrated with me so she kept pushing a button on my shirt. At first I ignored her and kept untangling her hair, but then it was starting to bother me so I said. "Amber, why are you doing that?" and she replied in her angriest voice, "I'm trying to turn you off, but it's not working!" I laughed at that point because I could see she wasn't joking. I love the things that come out of her mouth. She just turned 3 and she is starting to say the funniest things.

1 comment:

  1. I still laugh every time I read this! I think that it is so smart of her to even think of that. Too bad she doesn't know that the sometimes Mommys wish their little angels had "off switches", too! But I guess that's what naps are for!

    ReplyDelete